49 Days is a drama that defines what Pure Love is. When I watched the drama, its not really romantic at all. I don’t get the “kilig” or “sweet excitement” between couples… but you could feel the Love in them. I thought that love exist in Happiness. and Joy. It’s the first time I realize that Love exist in Pain and Sadness also. I know Love takes in many form. But, I never recognize or acknowledge its existence in Pain and Sadness. Love truly is painful. It is… even scary.
49 Days is a Korean Drama broadcast under SBS produced by Choi Moon Suk, directed by Jo Young Kwang (조영광), screen-written by So Hyun Kyung. I salute them for this wonderful production.
Shin Ji Hyun was enjoying absolute bliss as she was about to marry her fiancé, Kang Min Ho, but her perfect life is shattered when she gets into a car accident that leaves her in a coma. She is given a second chance at life by a reaper, but it comes with a condition: she has to find three people outside of her family who would cry genuine tears for her. In order to do this, she borrows the body of Yi Kyung, a part-time employee at a convenience store for 49 days.
- Lee Yo Won as Song Yi Kyung
- Nam Gyu Ri as Shin Ji Hyun
- Kim Yoo Bin as young Ji Hyun
- Jo Hyun Jae as Han Kang
- Bae Soo Bin as Kang Min Ho
- Jung Il Woo as Scheduler / Song Yi Soo
- Seo Ji Hye as Shin In Jung
I really give two thumbs up to Lee Yo Won for a superb amazing acting. She carried her dual character very well. She really depicted well the sudden change of her character, the different personalities and expressions. I can’t say much but she did a very good job. The very handsome scheduler acted by Jung Il Woo also stole some spotlight. I never thought he really is handsome. He acted in some dramas I’ve seen before but never give him this much attention. LOL. I won’t say more but below are some of my short comments or (
over-reacting) reactions in some episodes. ^^
Short Comments / Reactions:
- Episode 1: “What the heck! She tried to commit suicide and cause a lot of deaths except her own. If she want to die, she should die alone.”
- Episode 2: “The scheduler is really a death angel. If he is the one who’s going to be waiting for me in my death, I’ll gladly come. LOL. Can’t I be his assistant?”
- Episode 3: “What the f*ck! How can she do that to her? Is she truly her friend for 10 years? How can they pretend for such a long time?”
- “She should just hunt her fiancee and best-friend till their death.”
- “The Death Angel and Ji Hyun should be in pair. They look lovely. Both dead.”
- “Who hugged Han Kang? Song Yi Kyung or Shin Ji Hyun?”
- “Did Yi Kyung also likes Han Kang now? What about Ji Hyun?”
- “Oh… Don’t tell me that Han Kang will end up with Yi Kyung and Ji Hyun will end up with the scheduler…”
This drama made me think… that unrest souls are those who died in accidents, murders, suicides, or events that are not planned or precedent but caused by humans like fire even calamities (happens due to people’s abuse to nature, I think). It’s like if your death is not part of plan, your soul will be unrest and will wander how to finish what should have been finished in your lifetime. Those who died in sickness or natural death must be in peace. But then our sickness is even caused by ourselves, right? I mean if we should have taken care of our health, we would live longer. I wonder what really happens after death. Don’t you?